During this internship, you’ll be participating in actuarial work and helping define company’s underwriting guidelines: rates, rules, and filings.
This is an ideal role for an enthusiastic and driven graduate with limited or no post-college work experience. This position is an opportunity for learning and broad professional growth at a fast-paced, high-potential startup. Our team includes cybersecurity experts, data science engineers, and insurance innovators.
Cowbell is the industry’s first usage-based cyber insurance provider built on its patent-pending continuous underwriting platform and focused on mitigating losses in the aftermath of cyberattacks.
The Cowbell cyber risk observability platform identifies insurable threats and maps them to risk exposures using deep learning techniques. Cowbell insurance is currently licensed in six (6) U.S. states. Cowbell Prime 100, Cowbell’s first standalone, comprehensive, and individualized offering, will be available to small to medium-sized businesses in Q1 2020.
What We’re Looking For
- Candidate with a graduate degree in a quantitative concentration (e.g. mathematics, statistics, physics, or economics)
- Experience in data analysis, actuarial concepts, and computer programming skills (either from employment or an academic setting)
- Strong Excel skills
- An interest in coding/automation and experience with SQL
- Candidate who enjoys researching, analyzing, and evaluating complex data independently and within a collaborative environment while meeting deadlines
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams
- Desire to develop in the actuarial profession through self-study and successful completion of actuarial exams
- Experience in machine learning (or desire to be exposed to it) is a plus
- Cowbell will offer market rates for this role.
- Pleasanton, California, is warm, spacious, green and situated against the traffic from all sides of the San Francisco Bay area. The area is rapidly becoming hub for AI and insurance startups led mostly by serial entrepreneurs.