Cowbell is an enterprise cyber risk observability and insurance provider. Our mission is to expedite and simplify the process of obtaining cyber insurance by mapping insurable threats to the risk exposures. We are building standalone, individualized and expedited cyber coverage.
The correlated nature of security breach risks, the imperfect ability to prove loss from a breach to an insurer and the inability of insurers and external agents to observe firm’s self-protection efforts have posed significant challenges to cybersecurity risk management. If self-protection of a firm is observable to an insurer so that it can design a contract that is contingent on the self-protection level, then self-protection and insurance behave as complements. Cowbell brings a unique approach to risk selection and pricing using deep learning techniques.
Cowbell engineering team is building large-scale production-level deep learning algorithms, models, and systems for its enterprise cyber risk observability platform. The team’s mission is to identify insurable threats and map them to risk exposures using deep learning techniques. This mapping is used to derive the probability and severity of risk in the aftermath of cyberattacks. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a talented and hard-working deep learning engineer to get involved in envisioning, designing and implementing cutting-edge products with a growing team. Publications and patents are also considered as part of job responsibilities.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re hungry to get things done, in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with responsibility and accountability
- You’re thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
- You’re skilled in creating quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- You’re adept at design and development of ETL infra, data pipelines, etc
- You work well in teams and enjoy collaborating with engineering, product and data science teams
- You are passionate about cyber risk and insurance and want to be part of a team comprised of experts from cybersecurity, enterprise and insurance domain
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Microservices, Big Data ETL frameworks, data warehousing, data architecture, SQL
- Ability to build and maintain our data service platform in a near-greenfield environment
- Experience with a wide variety of data formats, shape, legacy systems
- Define, apply and maintain processes to create need-based datasets
- Work and collaborate with engineering and data science teams
- Continuously deploy software in containerized microservices running on public cloud infrastructure
Nice to have:
- Expertise in Python, GraphQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience collaborating on data science / ML projects