As a back-end engineer at Cowbell Cyber, you’ll help build systems that will support our rapid growth as we help enterprise risk managers to mitigate risk exposures in the aftermath of cyberattacks.
You’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about building a world-class engineering team.
Cowbell is an enterprise cyber risk observability and insurance provider. Our mission is to expedite and simplify the process of obtaining cyber insurance by mapping insurable threats to the risk exposures. We are building standalone, individualized, and expedited cyber coverage. Cowbell brings a unique approach to risk selection and pricing using deep learning techniques.
What We’re Looking For
- You’re hungry to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an ownership mindset; you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability.
- You’re thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture.
- You work well in teams and enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers, and product teams.
- You are passionate about cyber risk and insurance and want to be part of a team comprised of experts from cybersecurity, enterprise, and insurance domains.
- You want to be part of our founding engineering team with unmatched rewards.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Java Microservices, Kafka, ELK, Spring Boot, and RDS/Postgres
- Make key architectural decisions to build our new platform in a near-greenfield environment
- Play a critical role working with colleagues to architect, design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions
- Work and collaborate with UI engineers and data science, machine learning team
- Actively participate in a highly collaborative agile development process to achieve cost, quality, and delivery objectives
- Continuously deploy software in containerized micro-services running on public cloud infrastructure
- Experience working on Software-as-a-Service products
- Experience building cloud-based RESTful applications with JSON, and an aptitude for best practices in designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing