Are you humble? Hungry? Smart? Do you have a set of spikes? Cowbell Cyber may be the place for you!
At Cowbell we are building a next-generation cyber insurance program on cutting-edge technology with policyholders in mind. We are looking for talented people who are willing to challenge the status quo and want a chance to leave their mark on a new approach to cyber insurance. In this role, you can expect your contributions matter on a playing field where you can hone your current skills and develop new ones in a fun and dynamic environment. This role will be instrumental in crafting the distribution strategy and will be the face of the Cowbell product in front of agents and brokers.
Cowbell Cyber is hiring a California Territory Account Manager (TAM) to join our Business Development team. The TAM is tasked with business production for a select group of newly appointed Agencies and Brokers. This role is fundamental in building a book of business. The TAM is able to move early-stage relationships to revenue-generating partnerships immediately.
What you will do:
- Build, implement and drive Cowbell’s distribution strategy for the defined territory
- Proactively close and onboard newly established relationships throughout the territory
- Exceed production quota through proven distribution management
- Build and implement a sales strategy for a defined geographical territory – You are the owner
- Make an immediate impact with currently appointed retail brokers
- Meet and manage weekly, monthly and annual activity metrics
- Conduct virtual and in-person meetings, building relationships with account managers up to executive leadership.
- Collaborate with a passionate team, have fun, grow, learn, and teach the company along the way.
- Be a point of accountability for distribution success.
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- A dynamic team of seasoned technology and insurance professionals. We work together to tackle tough, ever-evolving customer needs for product fit with high demand in the market.
- Training! The opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance as well as continuing to build your sales and marketing skills in a team environment.
- Ground-level entry. Cowbell is building something new and unique – you have the opportunity to be an influential part of our story.
What Cowbell needs from you:
- 5+ years of insurance experience in a business development or production underwriting role
- 3+ years working in the defined territory with established retail and or wholesale relationships (immediate impact expected day one)
- Self-starter, self-motivated and results-oriented mentality. You take initiative to solve problems with high energy and urgency
- A natural closer – retail broker or software sales with cold calling experience? A big plus
- Proven success in distribution with an emphasis on growing new clients (Retail or Wholesale)
- Cyber, Tech E&O and Professional lines insurance experience a plus but not required
- Start-up experience a plus