- The type of data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we store your data
- Your data protection rights
- Types of cookies we use
- How to manage your cookies
- User generated content
- Third party links
- How we respond to do-not-track signals
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Accessing and updating your data
- Children’s privacy
- Terms and conditions
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
The type of data we collect
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal Identification Information (including, but not limited to, name, email address, phone number, etc., company information, mailing address, CV and applicant information (in the case of job applicants).
- Any communications you send to us.
- We may also collect Personal Identification Information automatically when you use our website cowbell.insure/uk (collectively, the “Site”) or the Service, as defined in Cowbell’s Terms of Service, located at cowbell.insure/uk/terms (the “Terms”). Personal Identification Information collected automatically may include information about the device you use access the Site and your visits to the Site, and may include information about the device you use to access the Site and your visits to the Site, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, Site navigation patterns, length of visit and pages viewed, and other data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information on our use of these technologies, see our Cookies section below. We use Google Analytics on the Site to help us analyse the traffic on the Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Identification Information, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. By using a browser plugin http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
How we collect your data
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Sending emails and attachments to Our Company (for new business submissions, support requests, various other needs)
- Requesting and completing a terms of business agreement with Our Company
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly as follows:
- We obtain information from third party sources, including public records, surveys or questionnaires, data licensors, affiliated entities, marketing firms, internet security researchers, and/or consumers who use our products. We use this information to validate and enrich information in our databases so that we can provide and improve services to users of our offerings.
How we use your data
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Personalise your experience on the Site or with the Service (Personal Identification Information about you helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- Improve the Site or the Service;
- Improve customer service;
- Process transactions;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature of the Site or the Service;
- Identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorised to access;
- Protect the rights and/or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of the Site;
- Send periodic emails;
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Please note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Sell, market, provide, and improve our products and services, including providing insurance quotes, servicing and renewing your policies, and analysing and administering insurance claims.
How we store your data
Our Company securely stores your data on servers located in Ireland. In addition, some of your data is located on servers provided by the third parties. Some of the servers that host your personal data may be located in countries (including the United States) that do not provide a level of data protection equivalent to that of your home country. We will take appropriate steps to make sure that our service providers act in accordance with applicable law. Our Company uses the following third parties:
To ensure that your data is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site and through the Service. Nonetheless, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site or through the Service, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk
Our Company will keep the data outlined above for a period of up to seven years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies that are part of our Cowbell Rx marketplace, which can be found here: cowbell.insure/uk.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of our Group of Companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact our marketing team here: [email protected].
Your data protection rights
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected].
Call us at: 0800 208 8105, or write to us in the form located at: cowbell.insure/uk/contact
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Cookies enable the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
For further information, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/.
Types of cookies we use
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our Site uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our Site and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Analytical – Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics, such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
How to manage cookies
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site.
The Site or the Service may provide online forums through various potential functionalities, including messaging, comments, chat rooms, blogs, and other similar mechanisms. Cowbell does not have any control whatsoever over the user-generated content contained in such a forum provided on the Site or through the Service and will bear no liability for the content’s accuracy, suitability, legality, or inoffensiveness. Cowbell bears no responsibility or obligation to monitor user-generated content but nevertheless reserves the right to remove or edit user-generated information for any reason whatsoever. Should you encounter any issues with user-generated content, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Site and the Service and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How we respond to do-not-track signals
Cowbell does not track Site users’ web browser information. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Identification Information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Privacy policies of other websites
Accessing and updating your Personal Identification Information
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Identification Information by logging into your account or contacting us at [email protected]. We will try to respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please be aware that even after we have processed your request for such a change, we may retain certain residual information in the backup and/or archival copies of our database. In the event you close any account in connection with the Service, your account will be deactivated and your name and other Personal Identification Information will no longer be accessible by you. We may retain your Personal Identification Information for as long as your account is active or to provide you services, improve the Site or the Service, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
The Site and the Service is not intended for children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Identification Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
Terms and conditions
Please also visit our Terms of Service, establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the Site and the Service at cowbell.insure/uk/terms.
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
If in the United States: +1 (833) 633-8666.
If in the United Kingdom: 0800 208 8105
Or write to us at:
If in the United States
Cowbell Cyber, Inc.
6800 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 250
Pleasanton, CA 94566
If in the United Kingdom
Cowbell Cyber Ltd.
New Broad Street House
35 New Broad Street
London EC2M 1NH
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/