It’s the end of year holiday celebration at The Cowbell Factors Podcast! This week, we welcomed Jessica Newman, Director of Strategic Partnership to the show. Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Cowbell Cares was born out of an organic movement from the company culture that starts at the top: we are a heart-led company!
- Instead of giving out plastic, or otherwise disposable, tchotckes at events and conferences that end up in the trash, we tossed them and donated to non-profits instead. Did you know that event swag giveaways have reached a total marketing budget of over 64 billion dollars according to Fast Company? Imagine if marketing teams donated that money instead!
- Our Finance team has committed to donating 0.1% of our revenue to Cowbell Cares efforts moving forward, so as the company grows, so will our social impact.
- Our collective efforts this year have laid the groundwork for a company culture that our Cowbellers have said makes them feel a part of something bigger, and is one of many reasons why top talent has remained at the company.
- What do we have teed up for next year? Our goal is to piggyback on the long standing tradition of giving within the insurance industry, at national and local levels. Our goal for 2023 is to involve our distribution partners in our giving and volunteering efforts.
For more, be sure to listen to Jessica’s full podcast episode and follow our Cowbell Cares efforts. Visit the Cowbell Factor Podcast library to listen to last season’s episodes and subscribe to stay up to date on upcoming ones. It is available on most podcast platforms (iHeartRadio, Spotify, Google podcast, Apple podcast, Anchor and Radio Public). If you enjoyed this episode, consider rating it with 5 stars on Spotify and Apple!